Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Excel Workbooks

Asked By: Hannah    Date: Aug 08    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2403

I have a customer that has a 2003 Excel Spreadsheet, and has recently had his desktop upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007. According to him, his spreadsheet was had no issues and was displaying KPIs fine. Now that he has Microsoft Office 2007 there seems to be some problems. I want to take the data from his Excel 2003 spreadsheet and save as Excel 2007 workbook and create new KPIs. I get an error message:
The workbook that you selected cannot be loaded because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel Services:

SharePoint lists

Contact the workbook author.

Learn more about what features are not supported by Excel Services...

All I want to do is take the data put it in a Excel 2007 worksheet, upload the worksheet into a document library and create new KPIs. That way he can go into the worksheet and update it as necessary.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Zachary Roberts     Answered On: Aug 08

Can you provide some background as to how the spreadsheet was created? Is it using VBA or referencing a SharePoint List? If it is, these features are not supported in Excel Services as you have seen and you will not be able to load the file.

Unsupported Features in Excel Services (refer to the section titled 'Features that Prevent Excel Files from Loading')

If the data is already in a SharePoint list then why not setup the KPIs in SharePoint directly. Are you using the Enterprise version? If not you can still do KPIs in WSS - KPI Dashboard for WSS: Part 1 – No code required.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Excel Workbooks Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: