MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Excel Services with Kerberos Authentication

Asked By: Tyrel    Date: Nov 26    Category: MOSS    Views: 1195

I'm trying to use excel services to connect to olap data in a SQL 2008 AS from Sharepoint 2007 Moss. I've also got report services installed on the same server and am able to use kerberos to pass the identity to the same DB server. However when I try to use a connection in a trusted connection library I get the error: Unable to retrieve external date for the following... The worksheet works fine in excel so I know my login is good. I also have excel services configured with both trusted and embedded connections enabled.

Anyone have any ideas. Most of the posts seem to reference using SSO which I don't want to use since I we use kerberos.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mansi Revenkar     Answered On: Nov 26

Have you tried to run a Profiler Trace on the SSAS instance to see what credentials are being passed?

If you are only getting this issue with only Excel Services then most likely you have not setup the service for Delegation yet. By default this is not turned on. Check out this msdn.microsoft.com/.../cc514223.aspx (take a look at the Windows Authentication Option section for the instructions). There is a Kerberos section on this page which you will probably want to review as well.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Excel Services with Kerberos Authentication Or get search suggestion and latest updates.