Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Errors after installing ECTS

Asked By: Kayla    Date: Jul 23    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 985

After a few attemps, I completed installing the ECTS without errors. The problems I have now all have to do with configurations.

When I try to configure using the Configuration Utility webpart I get

ERROR

An unexpected error has occurred.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

Also, When I try to add web parts to the ECTS Management Page:

Unable to add selected web part(s).

External User Managerbject reference not set to an instance of an object.

External User Approvalbject reference not set to an instance of an object.

The Site Collection Approval web part adds fine except it states:

You do not have full control over this site and connot approve site requests.

I'm sure what site is referring to since as far as I can tell I have full control over everything in the farm...

Any help as to where to start to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Parijat Pathak     Answered On: Jul 23

after a week and a half of poring through this forum and trial and error  this problem has been solved.

Seems as though the ECTS setup wizard prompts us to setup the SQL server with an example formatted as TREY\SQLEXPRESS so I formatted my input the same way (including the instance  name)

Once I removed the Instance name in the Connection Strings section of all web.config files and just left the server name all the issues  I was having were resolved.

Tried this on two separate installations and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps everyone else.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Errors after installing ECTS Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: