Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Error While creating ODC File

Asked By: Nilay    Date: Jul 18    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1632

I face one issue while creating the ODC File from Excel 2007 Data Connection Wizard to connect to the Analysis Services Cube,which is in a Remote Server. I will Exlpain the steps that i have done.
1. Opened a Excel 2007 File
2. From data Tab,took the option to connect to the SQL Analysis Services Cube.
3.In the Data Connection wizard,i entered the Server IP Addres and took the option "Using following Username and Password".
4.Connection was successfull and it displayed the Cube,Analysis Service Database.
5. When i clicked the FINISH Button in the next window of the data Connection Wizard, It shows an error message "An error encountered in the transport layer."

But When i check the option "Save password in the file" on the window, this error wont happen and again when i use this odc file on my sharepoint site to populate a KPI List. It shows an error like "The connection either timed out or was lost" when selecting this ODC while adding a KPI Indicator to the KPI List.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Laquita Mcgowan     Answered On: Jul 18

I'm guessing it's a double-hop issue. The identity of the account accessing the data has been lost and reverted to the identity of the application pool. Use a SQL trace to see which account is trying to access the database.

Answer #2    Answered By: Elijah Davis     Answered On: Jul 18

Finally for me this error  got solved.....! I will explain how to fix this issue.

1.If you are tring to connect to a remote server,create a similar user with same username and password on your machine where you are creating  the ODC file.

2. While creating the ODC file  Check the option "Save password in the file".

3.Take the IIS, right click on your Sharepoint application --> Properties ---> ASP.NET Tab---> Click Edit Configuration button--> Application tab---> Check Local impersonation and give the username and password that was created in STEP 1 (same user should be there on the Server which running Analysis Services.) and APPY.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Error While creating ODC File Or get search suggestion and latest updates.