Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Error : CANNOT RETRIEVE PROPERTIES AT THIS TIME ?

Asked By: Eddy    Date: Mar 20    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2130

I have problem importing web-part from the online gallery.I When i try to import entertainment news, sports news, techinical news etc it worked fine.But when i tried to import weather and stock quotes web-part an error message is displayed " CANNOT RETRIEVE PROPERTIES AT THIS TIME ".I also attached the error message which is displayed.I get the error everytime i load to that particular page.Once i remove that web-part then i can load to the page.

Share: 

10 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ciara Collier     Answered On: Mar 20

First, I don't know how to recreate or fix the problem  you describe.

But, I don't think that the online  gallery has anything to do with it.
The MSN Weather Web Part and the Stock Quotes Web Part (I think) are
both Content Editor Web Parts.

Answer #2    Answered By: Keenan Whitehead     Answered On: Mar 20

….and I added the Weather web part to a site just this morning with no difficulty. (which doesn’t surprise you I’m sure)

Answer #3    Answered By: Peter Peterson     Answered On: Mar 20

I recommend that people put the Weather Web Part on a Web Part Page, export it
to the file system, put it into the Virtual Server Gallery wherever you will
want to use it, and then disable the Online Gallery in every Virtual Server on
your farm.

Answer #4    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Mar 20

I can’t think of one good reason to leave the online  gallery enabled. If you want the web parts, download them, then distribute them internally

Answer #5    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: Mar 20

Unless that violates the terms of service for the webparts provided in the online  gallery.

Answer #6    Answered By: Harshita Padwal     Answered On: Mar 20

I haven't checked but I doubt it would violate the terms. MSNBC has their logo and other marks all over the Web Parts. What better means of advertising than a colorful logo and links directly to your content running on other people’s portals.

Answer #7    Answered By: Jennifer Jones     Answered On: Mar 20

I can’t see how this would violate anything unless you’re consuming a private feed (say one that requires userid/password) and then publicly redistributing it (say on an open web site). That’s a no-no. Piracy isn’t just about software but can be about services too.

Answer #8    Answered By: Annie Norris     Answered On: Mar 20

They make them publically available. I got to believe that anything FREE from Microsoft is also free for internal distribution. Kinda like getting the install files for IE and making them available on an internal share.

Answer #9    Answered By: Kalyan Pujari     Answered On: Mar 20

For the “Cannot retrieve  properties at this time”… look in the Event Log for something like “Can’t load  assembly” around the same time  that JS alert was thrown. Find it?

Any chance you’re operating a IP-bound virtual server and not running WSS/SPS SP2?

We hit this error  on occasion… it would lock us out of the CEWP’s (lock ~everyone~ out… including admins). The issue came back to that we had our portal’s virtual server bound to a specific IP instead of “All Unassigned”. This was way back before SP2…. Which resolved this issue.

Answer #10    Answered By: Cheryl Kelley     Answered On: Mar 20

You'd be suprised at what is and is not allowed in the fine  print and getting the lawyers involved is always fun. :)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Error : CANNOT RETRIEVE PROPERTIES AT THIS TIME ? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: