Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Error installing SharePointRS (Reporting Services AddIn)

Asked By: Jayshree    Date: Feb 12    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1856

I trying to install the SharePointRS AddIn on the SharePoint-Maschine. The installation runs and after the setup does something, it rollback the installation and informs me with just a message, that it was not successful. After searching for the installation log, I've found it in my temp folder. The error was:
"Install error: The 'Mapping' start tag on line 83 does not match the end tag of 'ByExtension'. Line 139, position 7.".
What means this error? How can I solve it?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ian Davis     Answered On: Feb 12

I have seen these issues on several installs, usually with a cryptic error  message to boot.

Couple of things:

1. Be sure to have a site collection set up, not just the web app
2. Log into the server with credentials that are the farm admin for the MOSS install
3. Run the CMD tool with Administrator privileges
4. Navigate to where you have the sharepointrs.msi and type sharepointrs.msi skica=1
5. Navigate to your Temp% directory
6. In the CMD tool, execute rsCustomAction.exe /i
7. After the install, you will probably need to navigate to Central Administration > Site Actions > Site Settings and under the heading Site Collection Administration click Site Collection Features.
8. From there, click activate on Report Server Integration Feature
9. The settings for SSRS will now have their sub section on the Application Management tab in Central Admin

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Error installing SharePointRS (Reporting Services AddIn) Or get search suggestion and latest updates.