MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Error with Datasheet View - Office 2007 Beta Issue?

Asked By: Alyssa    Date: Nov 29    Category: MOSS    Views: 1135

2 Key Questions:
1) Does anyone know of a corresponding list for SharePoint 2007 and Office 2007 questions? Or is this the appropriate list to pose these questions?
2) Has anyone run into issues recently with the Datasheet view, and is it related to anything with 2007?

About a week ago, I started getting an error message when I clicked on Edit in Datasheet for a list in a WSS V2 site. I don't remember the details of what the message said. However, I was able to click the back button and end up on the datasheet view.

That was annoying, but I was able to live with it.

Then yesterday, I installed the recent beta for Office 2007, and am running it side by side with Office 2003. Today, when I clicked on Edit in Datasheet, I am getting the error message below. This time, clicking the Back button just takes me back to the same error page.

The error is:
The list cannot be displayed in Datasheet view for one or more of the following reasons: A datasheet component compatible with Windows SharePoint Services is not installed, your browser does not support ActiveX controls, or support for ActiveX controls is disabled.
If I wasn't already having the issue at least partially before installing 2007, I would know for sure that it was related. But now I just have no clue. Any ideas?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Harshini Raju     Answered On: Nov 29

I don’t have an answer for your datasheet  question, but this is the right place for 2007 questions.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Error with Datasheet View - Office 2007 Beta Issue? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.