Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Records Center
Event ID: 7089
Date: 16-Jan-2007
Time: 11:32:15 a.m.
User: N/A
Computer: TEST-SP
Description:
Records Center Provisioning for http://portal/records failed.
Access denied.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.Update()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPService.Update()
at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.InformationPolicy.PolicyResourceCollection.Add(String xmlManifest)
at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.EnsureSetupExpirationActions(SPWeb web)
at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Provision>b__0()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.Provision(SPWeb web)

Creating the site comes up with an Access Denied error but is still created without shortcuts on the top link bar or quick-launch as I specify.

Found this in the SharePoint Diagnostic Logs (stored in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS\"

The SPPersistedObject, PolicyConfigService Name=PolicyConfigService Parent=SPFarm Name=SharePoint_Config, could not be updated because the current user is not a Farm Administrator.

Tried recreating the Records Center with both my SP Farm Admin accounts with the same errors in the Windows and SharePoint logs.

My version of SharePoint Server is "Trial Version 12.0.4518.1016" and the site is using Kerberos authorization rather than NTLM

I can create Document Libraries and folders in the Records Center but cannot send files to it:

Error in IE:

An Error occurred while sending the file to the Records Repository Records Center

(Note that "Records Repository" is the name I gave the records center...)

Error on SP server:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
Event Category: General
Event ID: 7022
Date: 16-Jan-2007
Time: 12:54:05 p.m.
User: N/A
Computer: TEST-SP
Description:
The Records Repository Records Center is not properly configured for this request.

Error in SP logs:

The Records Repository Records Center is not properly configured for this request.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially about the Records Center creation which I think is causing the other issues.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Nilay Nandy     Answered On: Jun 14

blogs.msdn.com/.../750034.aspx

In this blog one person describes this problem and he solved by NOT having the records  repository under the collaboration site  ...

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Error Creating Records Center Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: