Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Error when configuring reporting service and sharepoint server 2007

Asked By: Kiara    Date: Jul 25    Category: MOSS    Views: 946

I ve been trying to deploy reporting service with sharepoint server 2007,installed the sql reporting service addin,service pack 2 for sql,configured reporting service from reporting services configuration,but when i open central administration,application managment,set server defaults ,I get this error(An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode)Also When I try to open the report server (http://servername/reportserver message page cant be found is displayed

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rosemarie Cervantes     Answered On: Jul 25

In my opinion, many causes can result in this error. For example, loopback checking. Loopback checking causes credentials to fail to be passed on POSTs back to the server. This issue occurs only if a host header or DNS name is being used for the SharePoint site.

Another usual cause is SSL certificates. If the server  is using an SSL certificate, and you are viewing the site over SSL but not using the URL the SSL certificate was issued for, the URL you are browsing to will show up with a red background with a red X next to it in the Windows Internet Explorer browser.

For more information Reporting Services SharePoint Integration Troubleshooting, please refer to the following article:

Reporting Services SharePoint Integration Troubleshooting:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee384252.aspx