MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Enable Analysis Services Server encryption for odc file in share point to acess SSAS2005

Asked By: Ariel    Date: Sep 07    Category: MOSS    Views: 2056

I have craeted data connection (.odc) file connecting to Analysis Services 2005 using

Excel 2007. I have published this to Office Share point 2007 Reports Library. When I

am trying to use this connection to access Analysis Services I am getting the error as

"This data connection does not use encryption for the communication with the SQL

Server 2005 Analysis Services server. It is recommended to enable encryption for the

SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services server to help prevent unauthorized users from

viewing this information."

I have enabled encryption for the Analysis Services Server using

connection properties encryption option to Yes. But the error is still coming.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Renata Burt     Answered On: Sep 07

I've been through many similar issues in Moss 2007 in addition to this case specifically,
This should be a multi-tier or cross domain authentication issue; so considering multi-tier authentication (most common); if your Moss 2007 & SQL server  Analysis Services are located on two different servers you should face this issue and to resolve it try the following:

• Open the IIS Manager & Locate your share  point website
• Go to the web site properties dialogue
• Navigate to the ASP .NET tab page
• Click Edit Configuration
• On the Configuration dialogue navigate to the Application tab page
• On the Application tab – Identity section, please find the Local Impersonation check box; please uncheck this box and click ok (this will make your server pass the windows credentials that it got from the client along to the other server instead of passing anonymous credentials)

Note: please make sure that the windows account you are using have the right permissions to access both Moss 2007 & SQL Server Analysis Services Servers

Finally I’d like to draw your attention that this might not be the best professional solution but as the SQL Server Analysis Services does not allow SQL Authintication I couldn’t find something else.