Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Employee Appraisal Solution

Asked By: Israel    Date: Feb 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1820

Our Sales Director would like to have a framework for tracking his employees' strengths, needs, goals, and achievements for appraisals. We've tossed around 3 Sharepoint-centric ideas:

1. Lists
2. Document Libraries (Excel or Word template)
3. InfoPath Form Libraries

Each has strengths and weaknesses, and a recurring issue we've run into is how to handle security on an item-by-item level, so people don't have access to someone else's information but are able to edit their own. The Director and his manager both need to view and edit all items, and do a side-by-side comparisons between various documents (e.g., what the person listed as personal strengths vs what the manager listed as that person's strengths). Can someone point me in the direction of a solution? We're not opposed to buying a third-party product if it is affordable, but it seems like we should be able to come up with something in Sharepoint with one of the above three and/or web parts and I'm sure others have dealt with this same issue. We could even develop a .NET app, but prefer not to reinvent the wheel. We're running SPS2003 SP1.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Fred Rios     Answered On: Feb 28

I am interested in this as well.

Any ideas  are most welcome.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Employee Appraisal Solution Or get search suggestion and latest updates.