Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Embedding Applications

Asked By: Miguel    Date: Jul 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1361

Is it possible to embed an application inside of a webpart? I'd like to embed an application, such as SIEBEL, in a Team Site that once clicked will open the executable inside the webpart. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to perform this action?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Francisco Simpson     Answered On: Jul 24

Can anyone help me with this posting? A while back when Microsoft launched Office 2003 the demo for SharePoint included embedded applications. For this particular demo they created a web part page and embedded SIEBEL into the web part. While we are not using SIEBEL I have a couple of home grown applications  that I'd like to embed  the executable into the web part. I've looked into using "Page Viewer Web Part" with little success.

Anyone who has performed this can you throw me a carrot / bone where I need to begin? Any code, link or write up would be most appreciated.

Answer #2    Answered By: Saul Cobb     Answered On: Jul 24

I would also be interested in this. If anyone has details on how a web part page was created and embedded Siebel into the webpart. Any information would be appreciated.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Embedding Applications Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: