Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Editing Document Set Content Types throught the Edit form

Asked By: Lauri    Date: Aug 11    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 3174

To figure out how to repopulate the Document Set after the user selects the new content type Or at least hide the Content Type selection from the edit form.

I am working on a HR Termination site. Currently we have two types of Termination and each of them have their own set of documents that need the Reporting Manager to fill out. I have create each of these documents as a Document content type and then created two Termination types as Document Set content types then added there associating documents content type to the Document Set Content Type. Simple right, all the user has to do is select to add the Termination type from the Add Document and the document set will be populated with all the correct documents needed for them to fill out.
The problem is that, now, when they select the Edit properties, from within the Document Set, there is a Content Type dropdown list box, making it appear that the user can change the Termination type if they accidently made the wrong termination selection and need to start over to repopulate the Document set with the new Document set content type after they have the selection.
I also have to add that I am struggling because this company is just in the beginning stages of getting their development platform together so I am stuck using only the SharePoint designer and the out of the box workflow actions.

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Editing Document Set Content Types throught the Edit form Or get search suggestion and latest updates.