Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Editable HTML content that should appear on all pages

Asked By: Callie    Date: Mar 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1087

We have some HTML elements on our web site that should appear on all pages, such as address and contact information on the bottom of each page. However, having this as a resource or directly on the masterpage is not an option, because we need to allow editors to modify the content. Once they do modify it, the change should appear on all pages in the site collection.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to approach this? I was thinking about writing a asp.net web control that fetches an item in the reusable content list and displays the HTML property of the item. Any other thoughts and suggestions?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jonathon Palmer     Answered On: Mar 01

I found myself in the same scenario. I have a single master page  used by multiple constituents, and they each need customize a piece of the master that is specific to them, but it needs to render on their entire site. To solve this problem, i built small user controls that get content  from a SharePoint list  in that constituent's site. The owner of the site  just updates the list item, and the control  renders the content across their site.

Answer #2    Answered By: Aastha Patel     Answered On: Mar 01

Another option  is to store the values you want in the header in the site  collection's property  bag. You can then edit that using some custom page  you create and have it linked from Site Settings. Then a custom server control  could be placed in the master page that pulls from that property bag. Similar to creating a list  as someone else suggested, but more lightweight.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Editable HTML content that should appear on all pages Or get search suggestion and latest updates.