Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Edit SharePOint lists with MS Access

Asked By: Rachel    Date: Feb 27    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2582

I have a Sharepoint list I am trying to maintain via MS Access 2007. I can sync my table with the list no problem, however two of the columns are read only. Both of these columns are set to the type Publishing HTML. All the other columns are fine.

Is there a problem editing this type of column in MS Access? Do I need to change the column type so I can edit it?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Delilah Mcpherson     Answered On: Feb 27

This type of columns cannot be edited in MS Access 2007, even when I created a Form in MS Access 2007, I cannot find a HTML editor control to put on the form and bind to this kind of columns.

Columns of type Publishing HTML is used to store HTML content displayed as part of a web page in a SharePoint list  field. The content in this type of field should be edited by web page end user in browser with the field control put on the web page. Developers and designers are responsible for adding field controls to the page layout ASPX file by using a tool such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 or by editing the ASPX file deployed by using a Feature.

So, you should not change the column type to edit  it in MS Access 2007.

For more information on this data type, please refer to: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd571480.aspx and blogs.msdn.com/.../...ts-that-is-the-question.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Edit SharePOint lists with MS Access Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: