Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

ECTS - using it with your internal sites ?

Asked By: Roxana    Date: Jan 29    Category: MOSS    Views: 1020

We have an existing MOSS 2007 server inside the firewall. I now want to allow external users to use this. In reading all the notes it seemed to me like your "shared" site has to sit in the DMZ ?

Is this true or can you get it to pass through to the internal sharepoint server site ?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Quentin Cummings     Answered On: Jan 29

First of all, I hate to point out the obvious - you're probably already aware that you'll need an internet facing license for MOSS 2007 when you start to make extranet/public sites  available to external users (MOSS 2007 farm/server visible via the internet).

The configuration of your hardware and infrastructure will ultimately depend on your requirements. Some choose to deploy to a DMZ, others choose a perimeter network that is far more locked down but configured in a way that allows traffic to the Web Front End servers.

One of the better approaches in this scneario would be to implement ISA Server 2006 in your DMZ or Permiter Network, you are then able to securely publish MOSS 2007 to external users while maintaining the security of having your MOSS 2007 server / server farm on the internal  network. Depends whether or not you have extra budget for that extra server

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on ECTS - using it with your internal sites ? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: