Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

ECTS - External users get logged out after 20min

Asked By: Caleb    Date: May 19    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 833

I am not sure where this settings of 20min comes from. In IIS6-> Websites-> HomeDirectory-> Configuration-> Options i have the timeout set for 60min. In webconfig of the external site the sessionState timeout is set for 60min . in Central Admin the session state is configured for 60min. The ISA timeout setting is 60min. With all these, the adam users are requested to re-log in after 20 min of being idle. Is there any other setting that i miss?
I am using ECTS /ADAM for FBA users.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Angel Matthews     Answered On: May 19

How I managed to resolve this issue.

After testing this install of ECTS I too had the problem where users  would get bumped off after several minutes of use. Restarting the IIS server resolves the issue, then users are still bumped off after several minutes. It came down to the application pool that ECTS uses. First test install of ECTS I used the default pool and and had this problem. Second test of the install of ECTS, I created a pool for ECTS. I have not had the problem since.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on ECTS - External users get logged out after 20min Or get search suggestion and latest updates.