MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Asked By: Juana    Date: Oct 05    Category: MOSS    Views: 726

I have started the difficult process of installing and implementing the ECTS. I am not an expert in many of the things related to this installation, so please bear with me while I try to figure this out.

I am using a single server for all required components of the installation. I have MOSS 2007, SQL and ADAM all residing on the same server. I have created and extended the site, turned on FBA and am now trying to install the ECTS toolkit. SharePoint installation and SQL installation seem to work okay, but I cannot seem to have ADAM successfully install.

Do I need to have a certificate installed for ADAM if it is residing on the same server as my SharePoint installation? I have not done so and I think that may be my issue. I have tried running from script: "cscript CN=ExternalUsers, DC=DOMAIN, DC=DOMAIN 389 636" with no luck.

Can anyone help me? Is it a certificate necessary if ADAM does not have to communicate outside of the actual server? Again I apologize if this is an obvious question.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Daniella Landry     Answered On: Oct 05

I believe I've found a workaround solution. While the script may not have worked for me, I found a way to manually install the adam  instance I was needing installed. Using the directions found in a comment on this page:

Manual ADAM Installation

I was able to manually install the instance. I hope this helps someone whose ects_setup_adam.vbs script doesn't seem to work correctly!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on ECTS and ADAM Or get search suggestion and latest updates.