Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

ECM Propagation of Page, with linked image, into variation containing different URL

Asked By: Carlos    Date: Jan 23    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1325

I have an issue where I am trying to let Sharepoint create a variation of a page which contains a linked image pointing to the site's image library.

The error that I see in the variation logs is such that there is no parent site existing in /VARIATIONLABELNAME/PATHTOSOURCEVARIATION

The issue is that the url of the destination is different than the url of the source page. The URL where the page propagates, is not the same as the PATHTOSOURCEVARIATION above. The Url path names that are used are in the another language. The page does propogates properly, without the image being linked.

I believe Sharepoint does not know where to propogate the image, and is hopefully using a default path. Is there something I can do to rectify this problem?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Amanda Brown     Answered On: Jan 23

Just link to the image  in Site Collection Images in your page  (in source  variation). The Target Variations will link to the very same image because the url  is pushed out as part of the page content, there will be no duplication of the image itself.

Tagged: