Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Download document without view permission on Item

Asked By: Dipesh    Date: Sep 28    Category: MOSS    Views: 1807

I have such a requirement that I can not give rights/permission on each documents. So I have created a webpart with SPGridView and populating documents through RunWithElevatedPriviledges delegate. Now the issue is users can see the documents in grid but when they click on the hyperlink (document name), the file is being downloaded through credentials of current user who hasn't view rights on the documents.
Any advice on how do I enable user to download the document bypassing SharePoint security?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sirisha Reddimasi     Answered On: Mar 02

Hi,

Create a group for that list and give permission as "View" and then add this group to that list permissions. If not when you use security privileges the site will be open with admin account (where it have full control on site) so after this you need to add one or 2 lines of code so that the site will open by using current user name. And if he have view access he can just view and on click on doc also, he can download doc with his id only.
One thing is with out view access i think we can't give option to download docs.

I hope this will help you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Download document without view permission on Item Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: