Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Dont receive alert emails

Asked By: Alyssa    Date: Jan 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 910

We have SharePoint Portal Server 2003 implemented with service pack 2 using SQL Server 2000 with Service pack 4 on the same machine, we use both Portal areas and SharePoint sites, we do receive alert emails when there is an alert generated on SharePoint Sites, but when it comes to Portal the My Alert Web part is updated showing the recent updates on the alerts which we subscribed to but we don’t receive emails for those alerts. I don’t get it, I did a lot of research work found so many things, tried so many things as well but haven’t been able to fix this thing, alerts are a very important part of our business processes which has been implemented on SharePoint.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Annie Norris     Answered On: Jan 13

1 - Have you configured alerts in Central Admin by providing an e-mail address that alerts will be sent from as well as the SMTP server  through which you are relaying your mail?

Answer #2    Answered By: Chadd Hahn     Answered On: Jan 13

SMTP is configured, I do receive  alerts of other types from server  that is that is the site in use and if I subscribe myself to some Portal Area or List, I mean I add an alert  then I receive the email mentioning that an alert has been added. But I don’t receive the alerts emails  on Portal but I receive alert emails on Sites.

Answer #3    Answered By: Cheryl Kelley     Answered On: Jan 13

Have you looked at this KB article? (support.microsoft.com/default.aspx)

This is the post common issue I see when sites send alerts but the portal  does not.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Dont receive alert emails Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: