Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Domain Problem

Asked By: Prince    Date: Feb 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 708

I'm facing an annoying problem on my SPS installation.
On my company, the web servers and database servers are located on separated domains. These two domains don't have trust relationships between each other.

So I've created a user account named usr_spsadmin on both domains with the same password. This user is a member of the Power Users group on the web servers and is assigned Security Administrators and Database Creators on SQL Server.

This user account is set to be used for administrative operations that create, modify, or grant access to the configuration or portal site databases. It is also used as the Default Content Access Account and the Portal Site Application Pool Identity.

The problem is when I try to create the configuration database I get the following message:
Error accessing database. Verify that the database server name and the instance name (if present) are correct. Also, ensure the configuration database administration account has sufficient permissions on the server or instance and the service corresponding to your SQL Server instance is running.

It seems it cannot authenticate the user. If I click OK again it manages to create the configuration database (miracle?). But when I try to join other servers to the server farm, using the Connect to Existing Configuration Database option, I get "Unexpected error ocurred" and no connectivity.

Do you have any ideas on how I can acomplish that?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Irvin Foley     Answered On: Feb 16

could be DNS. you could also create  a one-way trust  using selective authentication only allowing a single AD account  access to the trust functionality.

Answer #2    Answered By: Deonte Stein     Answered On: Feb 16

SharePoint and SQL need to be either in the same domain  or trusted domains  in order to work. I believe you have some “people” work to do to get this to work – either getting your own SQL server  or getting a trust  relationship between your two domains………….

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Domain Problem Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: