Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

document upload statistics

Asked By: Robin    Date: Oct 09    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1090

I need some tips to develop a utility for getting the document upload statistics in my SharePoint Portal (say for last month/weekly). I was using the Object Model to drill down each site/sub site and document libraries and from the properties of each document I was getting the statistics (mean who has uploaded how many documents). As the number of uploads increases (reached in terms of thousands) the system gets hung (sometimes time out) before it could gimme any output. I guess these could be some web services or table which stores all the details of the document and it would certainly take less time to get the details from a database table than querying the directory structure. If somebody has tried this please share the know-how with me.

Would really appreciate any help in this regard.

6 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Cade Velazquez     Answered On: Oct 09

There is a new version of the SPReports tool on GotDotNet. Checkout www.gotdotnet.com/.../Workspace.aspx

The source files are there but I have not been able to access them. Plse let me know if you can access them.

Answer #2    Answered By: Ariana Christensen     Answered On: Oct 09

I have not been successful getting the source files. It shows “Site is heavily loaded…

Answer #3    Answered By: Darrius Whitfield     Answered On: Oct 09

I have had success with that, and am attaching this zip file with this mail. Don’t know attachments are blocked or not on this group.

Answer #4    Answered By: Adrienne Greene     Answered On: Oct 09

That ZIP only contains the executable files for SPReport ...not the soruce code.

Answer #5    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Oct 09

You can try querying  the Docs table  in the SITE database, the docs table may give you what you need

Answer #6    Answered By: Ciara Collier     Answered On: Oct 09

I just finished that task using the UserData Table and UserInfo Table. It stores  all the list items as well as the document  details.

I would like to share  the code with you guys for taking it further…

(The date ranges are hard coded. You can write a SP with input parameter for these variables)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on document upload statistics Or get search suggestion and latest updates.