Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Document Review Library

Asked By: Nakul    Date: Mar 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1681

if u might have used Fortune 40 template of Microsoft than u must have idea about one template called Document Review Library ,
in this site , we get an library , Document Review Library , in this document review library if v upload any document , v can start the discussion on the document and on display page of the document library u can start discussion or reply on the discussion .
so MS have integrated Document library and Discussion board.

Now my Question is any one have any idea how that can be done without using the fortune 40 templates.
and how MS has implemented this in their scenario .

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alycia Everett     Answered On: Mar 13

I havent deeply looked @ the Fabulous 40 templates  and haven't at all used the document  review template.
But what I think or how we can achieve it is:
1. Create a document library  [attach a custom ECB menu to this library that will allow you to create a discussion  item attached to this document library item/document].
2. Discussion list is already created, and as soon as a document is uploaded to the document library you can either trigger a event (event handler) and create the discussion topic in the discussion list with the Title of the document.
3. Or the ECB menu on the document library can help to create the discussion topic.

Hope this gives you the starting point.

Answer #2    Answered By: Kaila Hahn     Answered On: Mar 13

Thanks for the inputs, i had done the same , but the only problem was i m facing is how to show that discussion  on the display  form of document  library, MS is using DataView Webpart and used some XSL coding which i am total unaware of.

the best thing of that Document Review library  is , on disp form of document library u can find a webpaert below normal details of documents, and u can start  or reply  the discussion as well. and more even there is discussion automatically created for each version of document along with collapsible menu .

so how can i achieve this , so i need to explore XSLT or there is other way round. m nt getting good resource to learn xslt for sharepoint.
i'll share snapshot with u all

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Document Review Library Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: