Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Document library upload authentication issue

Asked By: Evan    Date: Sep 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1077

We have WSS and Project Server 2003 installed on the same server, and up until yesterday there have been barely any problems with it. The server has two virtual servers, each having instances of WSS and Project Web Access. Our problem affects all the sites on both of the virtual servers, whether the sites were created by Project Server or not.

Until yesterday afternoon, I was capable of uploading documents to any document library on any site. Now, when any user, even an administrator, accesses a WSS site and tries to upload a document to a document library, they receive a prompt for authentication. I have entered login information that I know is correct and has permissions to upload documents, but as soon as I click on OK to authenticate, the box comes back again asking for my information. Clicking OK three times (or cancel at any time) gives the following error message:

Access Denied.

You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.

My account has administrator privileges and I am the site owner. I have tried temporarily making somebody else the site owner and then switching ownership back to me (as suggested in a KB article). I have synchronized the WSS and Project Server accounts. I have also tried resetting IIS and rebooting the server, but to no avail. Another person with permission to upload documents has also tried to upload documents, but she can’t do it either.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that anyone may have!

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jerrod Collier     Answered On: Sep 13

You didn’t mention if you were using SQL Server or MSDE as the database engine for WSS and Project Server. If you are using MSDE, which is included, there is a 2GB storage limit. I’ve never installed WSS without SQL Server so I don’t know if that would result in this particular error message but it seems likely.

Answer #2    Answered By: Jacob Green     Answered On: Sep 13

We’re using SQL Server 2000 (on the same box as WSS and Project Server) as the database engine, but even if we weren’t, we’re nowhere near the 2GB storage limit.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Document library upload authentication issue Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: