Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

document library

Asked By: Karissa    Date: Nov 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 684

i have some users.
each user can upload his document to a library [name : sample].the uploaded document is visible to that user only[one can see his document not others].

also a report containing those who uploaded and not uploaded for site admin

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alice Chandler     Answered On: Nov 02

user filter , go to modify view there u'll find filter, set condition as author = [Me], thats all,
i dint get the 2nd part of ur question

Answer #2    Answered By: Lynette Sawyer     Answered On: Nov 02

May be the owner of the document  didnt publish it after he had uploaded  it. you will find that option under the dropdown list of that document.

Answer #3    Answered By: Shelton Dickson     Answered On: Nov 02

Are you reporting an issue that other users  cant see the new uploaded  doc or is it a requirement that only the owner could see the doc?

if its an issue then some thing has to do with the doc check out. Go to doc lib settings and take out the forced check out option. If there is a single required field in the doc lib.. doc always stays in the checked out status. In that case you need to code an event handler on the "checkIn button event in the pre load"

If its a requirement, follow vikas has suggested and hide all the other views including "all items" default view. If you dont know how to do that, follow my blog:
umakanthn.blogspot.com/.../...s-views-context.html

For the Admin report  - create a view on the doc lib with a filter on "checked out to" column is not blank. Apply the SP Trimmer on this link so that only the full control guys could see the link.

Answer #4    Answered By: Gretchen Stokes     Answered On: Nov 02

ask the user  to go ahead and publish the document  from the drop down menu when you click on the document

else

acess the document libray settings page ->advanced settings and change the settings "Who can view the draf item" to anotehr group

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on document library Or get search suggestion and latest updates.