Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Document Compare feature in Sharepoint Document Management

Asked By: Caleb    Date: Feb 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2299

We are in the design stage of implementing a Document Management system in Sharepoint. My client wants to compare versions of documents. Can anyone tell me if this feature in Sharepoint is using the Doc Compare function of Word or is there a more robust feature in sharepoint? My client is looking for something more robust than what is offered by MS Word.

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Elaina Suarez     Answered On: Feb 13

I think there is no built-in sharepoint  tool for comparing document  versions. You should use the document compare  feature in Word 2007 to compare document versions.

Answer #2    Answered By: Kacey Russo     Answered On: Feb 13

I concur with Xue-Mei. There is a document  comparision tool in sharepoint  via the application page VersionDiff.aspx and you can manipulate the querystring arguments to compare  different versions  of Sharepoint documents. I would however consider this tool less robust than MS Word!

Should you wish to use the Sharepoint tool, I posted about the Querystring arguments here;

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Document Compare feature in Sharepoint Document Management Or get search suggestion and latest updates.