Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Doc Lib vs. Area Doc Lib

Asked By: Willis    Date: Nov 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1041

I've looked on various occasions over the last year or so but I've never discovered the difference between a Document Library and an Area Document Library on a Portal Area.

Go to the Create page for any Portal Area and you will see...

Document Library

Create a document library when you have a collection of documents or other files that you want to share. Document libraries support features such as sub-folders, file versioning, and check-in/check-out.

Form Library

Create a form library when you have XML-based business forms, such as status reports or purchase orders, that you want to manage. These libraries require a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible XML editor, such as Microsoft Office InfoPath.

Area Document Library

Area Document libraries are folders that make it easy to share documents with others. Each library displays documents in a list that can be filtered or sorted.

Portal always seems to overcomplicate things but maybe there is some difference I didn't notice. Can anyone articulate how these libraries are different?

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Doc Lib vs. Area Doc Lib Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: