Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Displaying All Lists in a Web Part

Asked By: Sekhar    Date: Dec 31    Category: MOSS    Views: 1739

I am using MOSS 2007 Enterprise. I'm creating a Competitor Intelligence site for internal use at my company. I'm going to start it off very simply by having a separate discussion board for each competitor. All of the Discussion boards have already been created, but now I'd like to display a list of discussion boards directly on the main page of the site. I know I could just link users to the Lists and Libraries page and use the filter that only shows discussion boards, but that's not the route that I want to go.

Does anyone have any suggestions of other ways this could be accomplished?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Constance Guerrero     Answered On: Dec 31

don't know how to make it using only OTB features, but it is quite easy with custom web  part: you need to iterate through all lists  in SPWeb.Lists collection and select only those lists which have BaseTemplate property equal to SPListTemplateType.DiscussionBoard. See social.msdn.microsoft.com/.../3efcc9ff-854c-41b9-941a-b55fcec8398b for details

Answer #2    Answered By: Chandrabhan Konwar     Answered On: Dec 31

I'm not a developer, so here's how you'd do that without writing code. use the method here:

sharepoint911.com/.../ViewPost.aspx?ID=18

this shows how to create a data view web  part and use the sitedata.asmx web service. You could filter your web part  to only show discussion boards.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Displaying All Lists in a Web Part Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: