Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

displaying (BI) Reports/KPI/ScoreCards on MOSS site

Asked By: Harshita    Date: May 30    Category: MOSS    Views: 1032

I want to display BI Reports (data from cube etc) in form of dashboards, KPI's and Score Card on a MOSS Site.
I am MOSS Resource and am familiar with MOSS, But have no idea of BI concepts.

Can somebody guide me what all is required to achieve the target? any helpful links ?

I have a local Moss Site and and a BI server where the cube data is located. Is it required to have both on same server ? i mean what are the pre-requisites to move forward?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Meaghan Webster     Answered On: May 30

It is not necessary that your MOSS and SQL server  on which BI cubes are built need to be on the same server.

There are a couple of ways you can use to display  cube data  in MOSS.

1. You can create a excel file connecting to the cube  and display it as a web page using excel calculation services provided you have MOSS Enterprise edition.
2.You can create Reporting services Reports and display the same in Report Viewer Web Part ot Page viewer web part.
3. You can also use a product called Performance point server 2007 to build dashboards.
4. You can also use KPI list to show data from Analysis Services provided you have KPI's defined.

Have a look at this link.

technet.microsoft.com/.../2009.02.bookbi.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on displaying (BI) Reports/KPI/ScoreCards on MOSS site Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: