Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Display Reusable Content outside Editor control

Asked By: Kaci    Date: Mar 17    Category: MOSS    Views: 1856

Reusable Content is designed for use in Publishing pages in MOSS ECM. While editing pages, users have the ability to create and insert Reusable Content and reference it across the site.

But what if you want to use that same content elsewhere? Imagine you wanted to query a section of a publishing page containing RC, or even a ListItem which contains RC, and expose that content either via WebService or just display it in a page. You'll find out very quickly that the Reusable Content stored in that list item contains a link to a publishing fragment which, in conjunction with some client-side script, renders the content into your page.

My question is this: How, if at all, can one display the content from a column containing reusable content in a page which does not contain a SharePoint Publishing HTML editor? This solution would need to display, one way or another, the column's content along with reusable content.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Johathan Mcgowan     Answered On: Mar 17

I don't like replying to my own comments but I've actually found a much better solution, exactly what I was looking for in the first place

Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.HtmlEditorInternal.ConvertStorageFormatToViewFormat(page["PublishingPageContent"].ToString());

this returns a string containing the HTML you require i.e. merges all the reusable  content fragments

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Display Reusable Content outside Editor control Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: