Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Discussion board threaded view restore

Asked By: Nichole    Date: Apr 12    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 4046

I had a user accidentally delete her threaded view of a discussion forum. Is there any way to restore it or re-create it without losing the existing entries? I tried to create a new view, but I don't see an option there for its re-creation.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Stefanie Ruiz     Answered On: Apr 12

Did she delete  the view  or the content? If content, then the entire web part needs to be restored, at a minimum. If the view, then she should be able to re-create  the view.

Answer #2    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Apr 12

I was able to restore  the threaded  view (AllItems.aspx) back but using FrontPage.

This is what I did, I changed the default view  to Flat view on a discussion  board. Then I was able to deleted the threaded view ( like the user  in your company deleted).

Then I created a new discussion board  and using FrontPage I copied the AllItems.aspx page and pasted within the old one. Then I had to change the List GUID on the AllItems.aspx page. When you click "Modify settings and columns" you will get the list ID number on the address bar, example

List={8A15BA2D-6F15-4202-BF9A-4A8AADB1A0DB}

Put the ID of the old discussion board in AllItems.aspx file and you will have the Threaded view back, later you can make this view as the default one.

But this is using FrontPage.

Answer #3    Answered By: Royce Orr     Answered On: Apr 12

Also please refer to this article for help.

office.microsoft.com/.../ha010990371033.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Discussion board threaded view restore Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: