Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Disable "Link To Outlook" for Events and Contacts lists

Asked By: Carolyn    Date: Jun 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1580

Does any one know from where the menu option Link to Outlook comes from on the Contacts list and Events list?
I searched the Events and Contacts schema files in the site definition directories. I could find all other menu items like "New Item' etc but not the Link to Outlook.

Basically, my requirement is to hide the link "Link to Outlook" in all the pages of Events and Contacts because we dont want end users to link their contacts and events to their outlook. (we dont want them to create .pst files).

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Adrienne Greene     Answered On: Jun 01

I found out the solution to the problem described below. The list  definition Schema.xml of the Events and Contacts list does not have "Link to Outlook". (Even though Ui displays Link to Outlook)

But they have "Link to Calendar" and "Link to Contacts" in their respective Schema.xml files.
I commented the corresponding CData sections and now the menus are disabled.

Answer #2    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Jun 01

Do you know on where to enable it, I have users  that logon to the windows 2003 remote desktop server, but, could not see the : link  to outlook  tab. Office 2003 was published to the TS using complete installtion options.

Answer #3    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: Jun 01

Did you install Outlook 2003 as well?
As far as I know, by default, the Link to tab is enabled.

Answer #4    Answered By: Keenan Whitehead     Answered On: Jun 01

Yes, users  could access outlook  from the terminal server.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Disable "Link To Outlook" for Events and Contacts lists Or get search suggestion and latest updates.