MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

How to design the Multilingual application

Asked By: Meenxip    Date: Mar 12    Category: MOSS    Views: 1283

I have been asked to design the Multilingual application. Where user would select the language at the time of login to the system, and based on the language selection, the whole site would be in the selected language. Please note, that the logic of the whole application is the same, but the content of all pages and list and webparts for the languages can be different, but the no of pages, list and webparts would be same.

There would be administration section where the content of the site would be managed.

I also intend to make the site user friendly and quite rich in navigation (navigation would contain Category--> sub category based on content added). Also note the site can contain any language including English, german or any indian language.

I am quite new in sharepoint technology (this is my first project in SP) , and during my recent study i was going through the sharepoint 2010 variation feature. Also was thinking on managed metadata and term set.

What i request you to guide me on which is better approch to implement for this requirement. Is there any limitations if i go for variations. and does the variation is meant for my type of requirement. Can you give me as much as possible guidance or link to the information which can be useful for me.

Thank you in advance. Your guidance would be appreciated.

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How to design the Multilingual application Or get search suggestion and latest updates.