Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Deployment problem with ContentType with changed name

Asked By: Jens    Date: May 27    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 5458

I have the following problem: In our application we deploy a ContentType via feature. In a second step we renamed the ContentType but the ContentTypeId stayed the same as before. Now, on existing Sites there are deployment problems and the ContentType deployed before is not deletable anymore. I already tried the suggestion of apichot.blogspot.com/.../...phan-content-type.html Setting the IsFromFeature to 0, I could delete the old ContentType from the Site ContentTypes after removing any usages from the database containing the mentioned ContentTypeId, as described in the article. After that I tried to deploy again, with success, but all the ContentTypes of the feature containing the new ContentType were not accessible to add them to an existing list. I know that all problems would be solved if I create a new SiteCollection but I need the old data and have to keep the actual Site.

Has anyone the same issue and could give me a hint so that I can deploy the ContentTypes of the feature again? Thank You for your help!

Best regards,

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Deployment problem with ContentType with changed name Or get search suggestion and latest updates.