Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Deploying workflow

Asked By: Amir    Date: Sep 18    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 688

i have a created a workflow in my site and i want to deploy it to another server.
pls tell in how can i deploy a workflow in to another server.

i think, we have to create a solution package to deploy workflow (correct me if m wrong). in that case can u tell in step by step how can i create a .wsp file to deploy my workflow...

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Talia Johns     Answered On: Sep 18

You can download WSP builder package  from CodePlex.com site. Once you install it, it can create  WSP file  for you. It will automatically take care of creting Menifest.xml. you just need to attach it to proper solution.

Answer #2    Answered By: Tera Callahan     Answered On: Sep 18

What is the tool that you used to develop the workflow. If used the SharePoint Designer to create  that workflow  and if the new site  is under the same site collection, then, try changing the ListIds in the .XOML file  associated, because these workflows don't tend to work if you're porting to another infrastructure. Or else if it is a custom made WWF workflow, then creating a .wsp solution  package using the .WSP sounds the best option, as Ved pointed out.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Deploying workflow Or get search suggestion and latest updates.