Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Deploying a site denication to another site

Asked By: Jordan    Date: Oct 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 785

I have created a site definition using Visual Studio. Which have a deploy option (or F5) to deploy the solution to the current solution.

Now, how can I use the same site definition solution to another site which is located in a different server.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Felecia Goff     Answered On: Oct 15

I think you have created  it using the Visual Studio extensions (VSeWSS) and that packages everything for you into a wsp.
In your folder strucutre you should have a wsp, you can use this .wsp file and deploy  it as a solution  to whichever farm you want and then use it.

Check out this blog: blogs.msdn.com/.../...nition-using-vsewss-1-3.aspx

Simplest way would be take the WSP from your current  server and then use it. To get the WSP from Current server  use following in the console app and run it from the WFE (u r server):

SPSolutionCollection solutions = SPFarm.Local.Solutions;foreach (SPSolution solution in solutions){ SPPersistedFile wspFile = solution.SolutionFile; wspFile.SaveAs("c:\\Temp\\Solutions\\" + solution.Name);}

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Deploying a site denication to another site Or get search suggestion and latest updates.