Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How deploy the site

Asked By: Gino    Date: Dec 22    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 711

my doubt is how to deploy the share point site . this question is asked the IBM interviewer . can any one help me in this issue.

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Aishwarya Dixit     Answered On: Dec 22

You can deploy  the sharepoint site  with like this..
1..Take a backup of the site through sharepoint desinger.it will be .cmp extension file.
2... Deploy it on the required server wiht stsadm.exe tool.

or you can creat visual studio installer project to install it on the server where requried..But this scenrio is normally implemented when you try to copy many more things other than the site.

Answer #2    Answered By: Indrajeet Patil     Answered On: Dec 22

I agree, also you can save the site  as template (with or without the data) and recreate that using the GUI.

There are lot of ways to do it, the question  is how do they want it.
1. We can do it thru WSS API
2. We can do it thru out of the box WSS/MOSS GUI
3. We can save it as a template and create a new site from that template.
4. We can write our own provisioning tool also.

and some more way to do it.

Answer #3    Answered By: Xavier Hopkins     Answered On: Dec 22

Site template with data has limitation of 10 MB rt?.. Can we Over come this limitation? Currently I am working on share  point project the site  has lot of content is there any other option of taking site template with huge content apart from site backup?

Answer #4    Answered By: Viviana Rollins     Answered On: Dec 22

The stsadm operation is used to increased the size limit of a site. After that, when we save the site  as a template, you won’t run into 10M limitation.

stsadm -o setproperty -propertyname max-template-document-size -propertyvalue

Points to note:
1. The propertyvalue parameter is in bytes, so the example above will increase the
maximum size to approx 50MB.
2. There is a hard limit of 500MB so the value must be less than 524288000 or you
will get an error when saving the site as a template.

The above increases the maximum size of both site and list templates.

Moreover, in my opinion, a template is used to keep “structure” instead of content. So usually when saving a site as a template, I won’t choose the “Include content” option. By content I mean(data uploaded by user such as a document, announcement,pages, etc)

Answer #5    Answered By: Erika Price     Answered On: Dec 22

we have gone ahead with site  backup process... as the site has lot of data..

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How deploy the site Or get search suggestion and latest updates.