Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Deploy Share Point Portal

Asked By: Curtis    Date: Oct 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1668

Can any body explain steps how to set up intranet for share point portal..

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mitchel Villarreal     Answered On: Oct 01

I am not sure what you mean by "how to set  up intranet  for share  point portal", but if you are looking for steps  to install Sharepoint 2007 or set it up on your local intranet (i.e. on your dev box or VPC). Following article should get you started:

Answer #2    Answered By: Ranu Badhan     Answered On: Oct 01

i have developed one share  point portal  site.How to deploy  these files into server...

Answer #3    Answered By: Irene Moss     Answered On: Oct 01

Which files you want to deploy  and where do you want to deploy.
Please post a precise query, not sure what you mean by deploy these files....

Answer #4    Answered By: John Scott     Answered On: Oct 01

have to done OOB customiazation or return custom code?

Answer #5    Answered By: Donald Torres     Answered On: Oct 01

Do you want to replicate your existing site (where you have done your customizations)?
If yes there are multiple ways like Backup/Restore, if it is master page/Page Layout/CSS changes then you can download and upload it to style library (though a WSP is always a preferred way, check on your favourite search engine for WSP and Sharepoint packaging and you will find multiple resources).

Please note that save as Site Template option is not available for Publishing site collection, and dont try to use any hack as it is not supported and will be a mess to come out of.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Deploy Share Point Portal Or get search suggestion and latest updates.