Share: 

6 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: Sep 14

Go into the web part properties of each web part and select the radio button
that says something like "do not display on the quick  launch bar". Then delete
the web parts.

You should be good to go.

Answer #2    Answered By: Chantal Rosa     Answered On: Sep 14

Your suggestions sounds like exactly what I need to do, only I can’t figure out how to display the Web Part properties. From the Home page, when I select the “Modify Shared Page” and either the “Design This Page” or “Add Web Parts”, it looks like the Quick Launch is not a Web Part Zone as you can not modify anything in that section. Am I missing something fundamental about display the web part properties for Discussion Groups and Surveys?

Answer #3    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: Sep 14

You will have to create a custom site  definition for that, you might have to modify ONET.XML and default.aspx files.
Search for custom site definitions. http://mindsharpblogs.com/todd/ or http://www.heathersolomon.com/blog/

Answer #4    Answered By: Alisha Holmes     Answered On: Sep 14

You don’t have to create a custom site  definition in order to do this. It is always a very good idea to backup any files prior to modification, and you can directly edit the ONET.xml file in the STS site definition to remove or add links  and text in the Quick Launch bar. These types of changes will affect every WSS site in the farm. If you have different Quick Launch requirements for an assortment of sites, then yes you can get into creating a copy of the STS site definition for use. But I wouldn’t do it unless you really need to.

Don, you will need to edit the ONET file if you want the “Discussions” and “Surveys” header text to not appear on your site. To just remove the links to discussions  and surveys  that appear under those headers.

Answer #5    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Sep 14

If the requirement is just to hide Documents, Pictures, Lists, Discussions, Surveys header text, then comment out the code in default.aspx file.

Answer #6    Answered By: Percy Beach     Answered On: Sep 14

Open the web part without going to Modify Shared Page. Then in the left  column, select Modify columns and settings. Dig around in there – you’ll find it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Deleting "Discussions" and "Surveys" from Quick Launch Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: