Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

deleting default.aspx after activating publishing features

Asked By: Marques    Date: Apr 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3896

we created a subsite using blank site template, after which we activated the publishing feature on that site. then we created a new publishing page and made that page the welcome page from site settings.
when you search for that site you see the old welcome page that is the http://server/subsite/default.aspx in the search results and not the new welcome page. we have done all reset crawled ocntent, incremental crawl and full crawl as well.

i know i can delete the default.aspx page but is it a good practice or not i have no idea?

i know i can remove the search result for default.aspx from SSP Search settings and add a crawl rule to exclude this page but that is not solution we have so many sites like these where default.aspx is no more the welcome page.

i know we also cant unpublish that page because that page is not a publishing page.

any ideas? let me know, thanks

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Lynette Sawyer     Answered On: Apr 16

It is perfectly okay to delete  that page. Not sure why you're not seeing the new publishing  page - have you published an initial version yet?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on deleting default.aspx after activating publishing features Or get search suggestion and latest updates.