Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Deleted Virtual Directories from wwwroot

Asked By: Zaheeruddin    Date: May 20    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 11418

Hi,

I created a site maunually in IIS and then deleted it from IIS but accidently deleted all the virtual directories present there of Central Admin and Project Server. Everything else is as it should be, all DBs n everything is fine.

I have the full farm backup from the last night. So is it possible that the virtual directories and all the config files in the wwwroot folder could be restored from the Full Farm backup.

Kindly note that Central admin is not accessible as webpages have been deleted but I can use power shell. I have some solutions in mind but need some expert advice on it. Please help:

Solution 1:

We have also have a full system backup of about a month old.

1) Restore the backup on a separate system

2) Only copy the Central Admin virtual directory from there

3) Restore the farm backup

would there be any versioning problems as the files would be older than a month or more?

Solution 2:

Restore the farm backup from Power Shell, but I have no idea if it would restore all the websites and virtual directories such as web.config files etc.

Solution 3:

1) Run the initial Farm configuration wizard.

2) Once Central Admin is restored, run full farm restore

In this case it would also mess with the DB which is fully intact right now and things could go wrong

Solution 4:

Backup the DBs,

do a clean install

restore the full farm backup

Thank you.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Deleted Virtual Directories from wwwroot Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: