Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Delete sites /workspaces

Asked By: Virgil    Date: Dec 10    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1257

I am working on a sharepoint environement where for each individual user one site (personal) will be created when logged in to the main site , if the user is out of company(fired :) or resigned) , i have to write a code to check the site with username and delete the site corresponding to it by checking in to Mydocuemnts folder(if its empty) delete the corresponding site

any inputs or code ?

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Chelsey Watts     Answered On: Dec 10

Not able to understand your question, how are you going to know the person is no longer in the the company (unless some event notification happens)?

elaborate more on the MyDocuments folder you mentioned.

Answer #2    Answered By: Nagesh Maulik     Answered On: Dec 10

I am working  on a sharepoint  environement where for each individual  user one site  (personal) will be created  when logged  in to the main  site , if the user  is out of company(fired :) or resigned) , i have to write  a code  to check  the site with username  and delete  the site corresponding to it by checking  in to Mydocuemnts folder(if its empty) delete the corresponding site

I think there might be one interface to delete the user from the company list so there you need to find his website and delete the web i think this is one solution.
You need to find the scope from where we are going to trigger this then you can plan how to remove.

Answer #3    Answered By: Jonathan Scott     Answered On: Dec 10

if the user  is resigned or out of the company he will be deleted from the AD? if yes you can validate the username  against AD and delete  the sites

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Delete sites /workspaces Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: