Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How to delete a question from the survey

Asked By: Julianne    Date: Jul 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2302

I am facing problem while deleting questions from the survey which i created.
When I Click the DELETE button it is giving me an error message page " wss troubleshoot issue " .
Not able to srt out the problem .

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sanjay Lohar     Answered On: Jul 17

Did you updated the Service pack and All required updates as per the Microsoft Recomandation list?

Some time this will happen, if you not update the required updates..

Answer #2    Answered By: Mason Salazar     Answered On: Jul 17

If the site is your development site I would suggest you to modify the web.config file to get the STACK of the entire exception.
For this you will have to modify the web.config file of the web-app :

1. Enable CallSTACK and set it to TRUE
2. Set DEBUG to TRUE

This will give the entire stack of the error  which will help resolve this issue. Without getting to know what the exact issue  is, there is no way to give you a correct solution.

Suresh: I agree with you on keeping the system up to date with all patches, but not always the errors are due to not having all latest patches. Especially deleting  of the list item (as survey  is nothing more than a list).

Answer #3    Answered By: Jesus Davis     Answered On: Jul 17

plz do give me the details as of how to do that. i dont have complete access i only have the site admin acess rights. I created  that survey  from the thrugh site actions. how can i get the exact error  ?????

Answer #4    Answered By: Narasimha Kamane     Answered On: Jul 17

You would need access to the WFE (web front end) itself to modify the web.config for the web-application, so that you can see the exact errors. You need access to the server on which the MOSS WFE is hosted.

If you dont have access to the Server then you can request your Server admin to do that.
Following are the changes in the web.config of your web-application.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How to delete a question from the survey Or get search suggestion and latest updates.