Delete a meeting instance in a Meeting Workspace

Asked By: Kari    Date: Feb 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 8347

Is it true that it is not possible to delete a meeting instance (link on
the left nav) of a meeting workspace through the UI? You can only do it
programmatically?

Share: 

7 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kalyan Pujari     Answered On: Feb 01

You should be able to delete. But you need to know how to navigate into the workspace  first, to access the site settings

Answer #2    Answered By: Isidro Berger     Answered On: Feb 01

I am admin on the server, so access isn’t an issue.

It is easy to get to Site Settings, just there is nothing that I see from there that can do anything for you. There also isn’t anything under “Modify This Workspace” that will let you access the reoccurring date pages and make any deletions.

Answer #3    Answered By: Schuyler Le     Answered On: Feb 01

If you have created the meeting  workspace as the top level site collection, under site settings, go to site administration and select delete  this site.

If you create the meeting workspace  as a sub site of a team site, go to documents and list, click on meeting workspaces on the left  and click the cross besides the workspace you want to delete.

If you create the meeting workspace as a sub site of another meeting workspace, go to site settings, and click on manage sites and workspaces, then click on the cross besides the workspace you want to delete.

Sorry, a bit long winded, cos I don’t know where you created ur meeting workspace in…

Answer #4    Answered By: Kristina Cox     Answered On: Feb 01

I must have miscommunicated… I am not looking on how to delete  the workspace, but how to delete a single date in the list of dates (listed to the left) of a reoccurring meeting  workspace.

If you move a meeting in Outlook, it will update the workspace  by adding a new meeting date, but not delete the original date.

Answer #5    Answered By: Kalyan Pujari     Answered On: Feb 01

I dun think so… the only UI I can see with regards to meeting  series is movetodt.aspx. Unless we put in an allitems.aspx, might be able to?

Answer #6    Answered By: Willard Valenzuela     Answered On: Feb 01

If you delete  the meeting  in Outlook, the UI for the meeting workspace  should have a red ! next to the date. You can select the drop down and either move the content to a different date, keep the date or delete the date.

Answer #7    Answered By: Allison Stewart     Answered On: Feb 01

unfortunately in this instance, the red ! did not appear. It seems that there is no other way to delete  a meeting  instance except through this option and if it doesn’t appear for one reason or another, you are just out of luck.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Delete a meeting instance in a Meeting Workspace Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: