Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Definition Editor Does Not Save Oracle LOB

Asked By: Jeana    Date: Oct 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 885

I am trying to create an Oracle LOB using the Definition Editor. I can connect to the database, find the view of interest, and drag it onto the main window. When I click on "Okay", however, the editor closes with no indication of an error (it does not display the message box to name the LOB either).

I have successfully created a SQL Server LOB using the same steps.

Is there any way to diagnose problems with the Definition Editor? It does not seem to throw exceptions, record anything in eventvwr, or create any log that I have been able to find. How do I determine what is wrong

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gaurav Nemane     Answered On: Oct 14

I have resolved my problem with the Definition Editor. For an Oracle connect  string, the Data Source value needs to be the name specified in the tnsnames.ora file; it cannot be the raw string used by Oracle of the form "(DESCRIPTION = ...". I used the following connect string format when prompted when adding an LOB:

Data Source = [Name from tnsnames.ora]; User ID = [user name]; Password = [Password]

This has let me create, edit, export, and re-import xml files in the Definition Editor.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Definition Editor Does Not Save Oracle LOB Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: