Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Defining which BDC Parameters are searchable

Asked By: Jenny    Date: Jan 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1181

I'm working on the ADF for my BDC which connects to an SQL database. I have a user table with several columns (firstname, lastname, email, title, etc) and I want to be able to see all of these parameters (columns) when I execute the "View profile" action. However, in my search I only want to be able to search by firstname and lastname (i want email, title, etc. not to be considered). How do I do this?

I had tried putting all the columns I wanted to see (firstname, lastname, email, title, etc) in my Finder method and then only the columns for searching (firstname and lastname) in my SpecificFinder method, but that didn't work, I was only able to see the columns from SpecificFinder (firstname and lastname).

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rena William     Answered On: Jan 02

From your post, I think that you could put all the columns  you want to see into SpecificFinder method. For the search  part, you cannot search them if you don’t add managed properties mapping to the corresponding crawled properties.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Defining which BDC Parameters are searchable Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: