Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

dataform popup box..

Asked By: Betsy    Date: Dec 10    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1288

in newform.aspx
once i filled out the form..and click on ok button one preview should be provided and user can again check his values once he click on ok ..the data need to be placed in list
for providing that pop what i need to do?

its very urgent can anybody help me?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jada Clemons     Answered On: Dec 10

There could be multiple ways to do it:
1. modify existing List Forms and use JQUERY to enable/diable the fields and introduce an additional button  for preview.

Search on the net for JQUERY and LIST FORMS and you will get some starting points, although you wont get the complete solution as you will have to build it but starting points might help. IF you dont have experience with JQUERY ignore this option as it will be time consuming as you will have to search for JQUERY libraries to use, etc.

2. Create your own custom list form  using either infopath or aspx to do it. There are lots of articles/blogs about it. You can take a look at one of the following article to start with:

3. Another way thru Event receivers, i.e. after entering the New Forms details you can raise the ItemAdding event and then play around. May be something like shown below:
But remember it first saves the item to list and then you can remove it thru the event receiver.

Answer #2    Answered By: Brooke Lewis     Answered On: Dec 10

very thankful for your support and quick reply..
can u please guide me how to do through event receivers.
we cant print any popupboxes in event receivers.so how can i handle this.
is it help  me to do this through content editor webpart.?
can u please send me any sample code to do through content editor webpart?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on dataform popup box.. Or get search suggestion and latest updates.