Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Data Connections

Asked By: Conrad    Date: Apr 25    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 853

Problem: cannot connect to an Oracle data source using a SharePoint data connection and running a SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 report. (I can connect to SQL Server data sources.)

Question: If I'm in a distributed environment (SharePoint/SSRS on server #1, SharePoint and SSRS database repositories on server #2), AND I create an Oracle data connection via SharePoint, do both servers need connectivity to Oracle or just server #2 or just server #1?

Background/environment: SharePoint and SSRS are on one server (called it WFE), and SSDS and the SSRS datatabase repository are on a different server (called it DBS) -- running in integrated mode. Note that the WFE has NO connectivity to Oracle, e.g. the Oracle client tools are not installed nor is any ODBC connection that would enable connectivity to Oracle. The DBS does have connectivity to Oracle.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Harvey Blankenship     Answered On: Apr 25

I'm nearly positive that the client tools need to be on the WFE and that the WFE is where the report is generated.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Data Connections Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: