Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Daily Sales Report

Asked By: Marissa    Date: Jul 25    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1847

I need to create a automated Daily Sales Report and publish it to a
sharepoint site. This report is an excel document and it is a sql query
to our inventory database. This excel report will be published to one
of our sharepoint site automatically on every business day at 11:30 PM.

Any ideas on how to publish this automated reports to the SharePoint
Site at an exact time of an business day.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Jul 25

We've implemented an application similiar to what your wanting to do. We take groups of sales  reports that are generated by a dedicated reporting system, then import them into a Sharepoint document  library.

We actually took it a step further, and don't allow everyone access directly to the library, instead we have written a web part that will display all the reports  grouped either by user, or by report  in a tree view, showing the folder structure in the document library. We also have in place the ability for users to see the reports of the people that report to them as well.

It's pretty straight forward to upload a file to a document library, once you get past the quirks of Sharepoint's security around lists.

If you want you can e-mail me off list and I can help you get started in the right direction on building a little uploader that you can schedule to run at a specific time  to upload the excel  spreadsheet.

Answer #2    Answered By: Royce Orr     Answered On: Jul 25

Office Web Parts and Components is a collection of Web Parts, Web Part Page solutions, templates, and data retrieval services that work closely with Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0.

You can download the web parts at:
www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

When you install, you get 6 web parts. One of the web parts is Office Spread sheet. you can connect to Sql database  using that web part.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Daily Sales Report Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: